Being one of the top business accounting software, QuickBooks is famous for its various services. One such service is- Payroll. The payroll gets automatically calculated in QuickBooks, making it a hassle-free application. QuickBooks makes the payroll service simple, time-efficient, and premium. But there are also times when running your payroll, downloading the tax table updates, or sending the paychecks, an error occurs and is called QuickBooks Error PS038. There are a variety of reasons that are responsible for the error’s emergence, for example, outdated QuickBooks and damaged company files, etc. The users can resolve it by following the prominent troubleshooting provided in the blog, so read it till the end.
If you have more queries, doubts, and confusion related to this or other errors, or random issues, QuickBooks Advisory Team always welcomes; you can call them anytime at our toll free number to clarify
Why do the paychecks get stuck online?
The error PS038 can cause various problems during the update process, sending paychecks, and downloading the tax table. For this, you need to understand the reasons, which are as follows:
- The paychecks don’t get sent if the QuickBooks application is not updated.
- If the QuickBooks data, i.e., company file, gets damaged, corrupted, or missing, the error will occur.
- The outdated version of the payroll tax table can also lead to the error PS038.
Now that the most probable reasons have been counted on, you can now carry out the steps that help in fixing the error.
You may read also : QuickBooks search not working
How do we get the stuck online paychecks sent obliterating the error?
Now, we answer your question, “how to fix this error?”. There are various techniques using which a user can get rid of error PS038. Since it is now our responsibility to get your issue resolved, we bring forth all those solutions and hacks to this one point for the sake of your convenience. Let us perform them one by one until the error ends:
Step 1: Download the QuickBooks Update to the latest version
An effortless and efficient way to ret gid of any error is to update the QuickBooks application. Updating the software adds more advanced features; therefore, the process must not be delayed. Here’s how you can update it manually:
- Navigate to the Help menu, then select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, go to the Update Now tab and clear all the previous update downloads by ticking the Reset Update checkbox.
- Begin the download by selecting Get Updates.
- Restart QuickBooks as the download gets completed.
- If prompted, then select the choice to install the fresh release.
Here the update process is complete, so you can resend it to check if the payroll is working fine.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error PS060
Step 2: Send the Payroll Data
This step is to try resending your payroll data following the direction we provide:
- Navigate to the Employees, then hit My Payroll Service choice.
- Click Send Usage Data. If you cannot spot this option, follow the next step.
- Select Employees, then select Send Payroll Data.
- Select this option of Send All from the Send/Receive Payroll Data window.
- Only if you are prompted, type your payroll service pin.
After this, you need to download the latest payroll. Follow up for the processing:
How should you download the latest tax table on QuickBooks Desktop?
- Go to the Employees option, then click on Get Payroll Updates.
- Tick the Download Entire Update checkbox.
- Here, you would see a choice- Download Latest Update; tap on it to select. Then, a window would appear with
- some information as and when the download is completely done.
If you can still witness the error in sending the paycheck, then move to the next solution.
Step 3: Point out the stuck paychecks
If you are yet unable to resend your paycheck, this resolution should help you in identifying the stuck paychecks. See the steps you need to take:
- Click on Edit, then choose to click on Find.
- Go to and select the Advanced tab, and then select the Advanced tab.
- From the Filter list in the Choose Filter section, choose Detail Level.
- Then, click Summary Only.
- Click on the Filter list again, then keep scrolling till you see Online Status.
- Then, after selecting Online to Send, select Find to see the unsent paychecks and note the “Number of matches” on the Find window.
After performing this method, follow the next step as a part of this one.
Step 4: Run A Verify and Rebuilt Utility Tool
The Verify and Rebuild data tool is very competent in detecting and resolving the damage in the company file. The Verify data tool finds the damage then this damaged data is fixed or repaired by the Rebuild data tool. See, how to implicate this tool:
To verify data:
- Go to the Window and select Close All.
- Click on the File menu to choose Utilities.
- Hit Verify Data and if the problem is pointed out, run the Rebuild Data.
To Rebuild Data:
- Tap the right button of the mouse on the File menu, and select Utilities.
- Now, click on the Rebuild Data option.
- Hit OK to back up your data for security purposes.
- The Rebuild Data utility will start its function the moment backup is completed.
- Tap OK when the “Rebuild has completed” message displays.
After this, see if the error persists. If you still see the error window, you might want to toggle the stuck paychecks.
This article on QuickBooks Error PS038 is coming to an end now. At the outset, it discussed the causes of the error with the reader to make them understand the troubleshooting in depth. Then, there were multiple solutions to fix it. If after performing all the steps as directed above, the result is not as expected, i.e., if the error persists, there must be something majorly wrong with your system or software settings. Call of the QuickBooks Support Team, anytime, to know the further details and get a helping hand, with the most advanced and special tips and tricks.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 80070057