You come across the QuickBooks error 80070057 along with the following message, “The parameter is incorrect,” when trying to operate the company file. However, a plethora of errors can restrict you from doing so. Eventually, your entire work gets hampered if you cannot have access to acquire or input data into the company file. As a result, it is vital to rectify the technical glitch as soon as possible. Nevertheless, you are still stuck with the question of why such an issue comes up? Unless you get an answer to this question, it becomes quite difficult to apply an appropriate solution to debug the error. So, to help you understand the entire concept of the error code 80070057, we have curated this article. It focuses not only on the reasons but effective troubleshooting methods too. Go ahead and give it a complete read.
If you are struggling with the QuickBooks company file error 80070057, immediately have a conversation with one of our pro advisors to seek proper guidance. Dial our toll free number and speak to them.
What are the Major Factors That Affect the Data File Error Code 80070057 in QuickBooks?
If you cannot understand what can really trigger the technical glitch, then have a look at the listicle we have explained in this part of the article-
- Not using an updated version of the QuickBooks Desktop can result in multiple problems in QuickBooks, like the error code 80070057.
- There can be an issue with the multi-user network when trying to run the company file, because of which the error arises.
- One of the other reasons can also be the corrupted or damaged network data file.
- If your QuickBooks Desktop does not have enough permission to function on the device, there are possibilities for the error.
- You have not saved the company file to its default folder and encountered the glitch.
- Not opening the data file by following the right method can also cause trouble.
You may read also : QuickBooks Running Slow
How Can I Get Rid of the Company File Error Message 80070057 in QuickBooks Desktop?
You must go through each of the troubleshooting methods we have provided below in order to rectify the data file error correctly. Apart from using these fixing methods, you can also attempt to use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub. However, sometimes using the tool might not help, and hence you need to perform the following solutions-
SOLUTION 1: Make Use of the Updated Version of Your QuickBooks Desktop
- Before you start updating your QuickBooks, quit all applications on the desktop, including QB.
- Next, on the Windows desktop, locate the QuickBooks icon and right-click on it.
- Further, opt for the ‘Run as Administrator’ option and then access the No Company Open screen by hitting the ‘Windows + R’ keys.
- In the existing window, tap on the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ from the ‘Help’ tab.
- Now, from the ‘Options’ tab, you must select ‘Mark All’ and ‘Save’ it.
- Jump to the ‘Update Now’ tab to enable the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- After checkmarking the checkbox, you must download the updates by clicking ‘Get Updates’.
- Once downloaded, exit the application and then re-run for the installation of the updates.
- Finally, start the device again.
SOLUTION 2: Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub to Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Visit Intuit’s official website after closing the QuickBooks software.
- Now, download the current version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded file to a favorable location.
- After that, open and run it. As your Tool Hub app’s installation starts, make sure to go through every step displayed on the screen.
- In addition, you are also required to accept the relevant terms and conditions.
- End the installation procedure by clicking on the ‘Finish’ button.
- In the next step, launch the program and from the ‘Network Issues’ menu, hit the ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’ button.
- Once the company file is viewed, tap on the ‘Start Scan’ option.
- In the end, hit ‘Close’.
SOLUTION 3: Make Changes in the Name of the Network Data File
- You must initiate the process by first moving on to the location of the company file folder.
- As you open the folder, you will see several files; search for the file that comprises .ND extension and a duplicate name as your company file.
- The moment you locate the file, right-click on it and hit the ‘Rename’ option.
- After that, you must rename it by including ‘.old’ at the end of the file name.
- Proceed further by pressing the ‘Enter’ key on your keyboard.
- Once you have renamed it, exit the folder and then run the QuickBooks Desktop to check if the company file is opening or not.
SOLUTION 4: Give Admin Permissions to the QuickBooks Program
- Before performing the procedure, quit the QuickBooks software if it is in use.
- Now, on the desktop, locate and right-click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Next, tap on the ‘Run as Administrator’ option and then open the data file.
SOLUTION 5: Use Appropriate Method to Open the Data Files
- Launch the QuickBooks Desktop on your Windows.
- Next, click on the company file.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Open’ option to run it.
SOLUTION 6: Place the QuickBooks Company File in the Default Location
- Exit the QB app and then go to the location of the folder in which your company file is located.
- After that, right-click on the data file and tap on the ‘Copy’ option.
- Minimize the current window and move to the default company file folder.
- On a black space, right-click and choose the ‘Paste’ option.
- In the further step, hit the ‘Find a company file’ option in your QuickBooks Desktop.
- From ‘Local Drives’, select your data file and ‘Open’ it.
As we come to an end, we suppose this article has pretty much helped you in resolving the QuickBooks error 80070057 successfully. Although we have tried our best to deliver the most suitable content, if you have any doubts in your mind regarding a similar problem, take immediate assistance from our team of technical experts via Toll-Free Number.
You may read also : QuickBooks Won’t Open