Get all the details on the American Airlines baggage policy in this article – you will learn about how much can be carried, what types of items are prohibited, and more.
What should I know about American Airlines baggage policy?
American Airlines is one of the most popular airlines in the world. They offer great service and their baggage policy is no exception. Here are some things you should know about American Airlines baggage policy:
- You can bring a carry-on bag and a checked bag on American Airlines flights. You can also bring a pet with you if you have an approved carrier. The weight of your pet is limited to 25 pounds, and they must be placed in a carrier.
- You can only bring onboard personal belongings that are limited to a size of 17 inches by 11 inches by 7 inches. This includes your laptop, camera, and other electronics. Anything larger will have to be checked in luggage.
- If you have enough luggage, you can check it all in at the gate if you’re traveling with American Airlines Premier Silver or Gold members. These members get priority check-in and boarding, as well as free checked luggage for up to four bags and 50 pounds each additional bag. If you’re not a Premier Silver or Gold member, your luggage will have to be checked in at the airport before boarding your flight and it will cost extra.
When is your plane’s first flight?
Cheap American Airlines baggage policy is one of the most restrictive in the airline industry. This means that there are a few specific items that are not allowed in your carry-on or checked bag. These items include: firearms, sharp objects, explosives, and flammable materials. Additionally, you’re limited to one carry-on bag and one personal item per person. If you’re flying with a companion, each of you is limited to two carry-ons and two personal items.
The other thing to keep in mind is that American Airlines charges for checked bags. If you’re traveling less than 100 miles from your destination, a check bag is free. If you’re traveling more than 100 miles, the cost of a check bag is $25 per bag.
Traveling with checked luggage
American Airlines has a fairly extensive baggage policy, so it’s important to be familiar with it before your trip. Here are the essentials:
– You can carry on one bag and check it for free if it weight no more than 23 pounds and is under 62 inches long, width, and height.
– You can bring a second bag if its weight is no more than 55 pounds and its length, width, and height are all within 10 inches of each other. Bags over these measurements must be checked.
– You can bring a third bag if its weight is no more than 50 pounds and its length, width, and height are all within 14 inches of each other. Bags over these measurements must also be checked.
– You’re limited to three checked bags per passenger.
– You’re allowed one carry-on bag that’s size limit is 22 pounds. It must be placed in the overhead bin or in a personal item section of the airplane.
How to save money on fees for checking your bags
If you’re looking to save money on fees for checking your bags, you can do so by following these tips:
- Check your baggage weight and size online before you travel. American Airlines allows each bag to weigh no more than 20 pounds and be no bigger than 62 inches wide, length, and height. If your baggage exceeds these restrictions, you’ll be charged an additional fee.
- Bring a carry-on bag that’s at least 22 inches wide, 14 inches deep, and 10 inches high. If your carry-on bag doesn’t meet these dimensions, you’ll be charged an additional fee.
- Bring a checkbook or other form of identification with you when checking your bags. If your luggage is lost or damaged while traveling, you’ll need this information to file a claim with the airline.
- Pack as much as you can in your carry-on bag to avoid checking any bags at all. Items that can be packed in a carry-on include clothes, books, electronics, and toys for children.
- Arrive at the airport two hours before your flight departure time to avoid long lines and the chance of missing your flight if
Tips for avoiding overweight fees
If you are travelling with a lot of luggage, be sure to read about American Airlines baggage policy before you fly. While the airline does allow a certain amount of weight, if your baggage exceeds that limit, you may be subject to overweight fees. Here are a few tips to help avoid these fees:
-Understand what is allowed on your flight. American Airlines allows a maximum weight of 65 pounds per bag. So if you’re packing any extra gear, make sure to divide it up into separate bags.
-Choose the right luggage size. American Airlines recommends checking in for your flight with at least one carry-on bag and one checked bag. If you’re carrying anything extra in your carry-on, make sure to pack it in your checked bag. This way, you won’t have to worry about weighing it down or dealing with an oversized bag when you arrive at the airport.
-Pack light. Bring only the essentials with you on your trip – no need to bring along everything you own. This will help keep your baggage weight under control, and you’ll avoid any potential overweight fees.
Read this also: most beautiful destinations for travel in 2022