QuickBooks is a very popular accounting tool for small and medium-sized businesses. Intuits has many great features and functions that will ease your business accounting headaches. There are many tools and utilities built into the product that can help you resolve technical issues that may arise. QuickBooks File Doctor is one such tool. It is designed to solve common problems related to QuickBooks company files. Sometimes the QBFD tool may display an error message and you might not be able to use it. The following will assist you in resolving QuickBooks File Doctor not working issue.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor? A Overview
QuickBooks File Doctor is an integrated tool that fixes network problems and files damaged. The tool scans your file for potential damages when you run it. The size of the company file will affect the scan time. Once the scan results have been Elbow compiled, you will be able to see how to fix these problems. It is simple to use and does not contain any complexity. The QBFD tool is not available for Mac users. It’s only compatible with QuickBooks Desktop For Windows.
The Advantages of using the File Doctor Tool in QuickBooks
This tool addresses common problems in QuickBooks’s company file, which stores your most important financial data. The tool has many benefits, as you can see in the following list.
- QuickBooks File Doctor Tool will fix network problems in your company.
- Running the tool may help you resolve an error in a company file based on the 6000 error code series.
- It is also able to deal with errors such as H101, H202, and H303.
- The tool can be used to locate files if you’ve lost them.
- The tool can also be used to protect your business data from potential damage.
- The File Doctor Tool can retrieve corrupted data.
- It repairs damaged company files and eliminates network problems within the company.
Different Versions Of QBFD Tool
You can access two versions of Intuit’s QuickBooks File Doctor tool from the official Intuit website:
1: In-Built Version
QuickBooks 2016 and later versions of QuickBooks Desktop allow you to access the in-built File Doctor version. If you wish to use the in-built version of File Doctor, ensure that your system is running any of these versions.
2: Stand Alone Version
Only the servers running the QuickBooks Database Server Manager can access the standalone version of the QBFD Tool. It’s used to host a company file and establish connectivity.
How to Use QBFD Tool?
QuickBooks Tool Hub can access QuickBooks File Doctor. Follow these steps to run it:
- Before you begin the process, close QuickBooks.
- Go to Intuit’s official website to download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded file to a convenient location (preferably on your Desktop).
- Now, open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- To install the tool, follow the instructions on the screen.
- You agree to the following terms and conditions.
- Double-click the QuickBooks icon on the Desktop once the installation is complete.
- From the QuickBooks Tool Hub select Company File Issues.
- Next, select Run QuickBooks File Doctor. The tool will open in less than a minute. You can also manually open it if it does not open.
- Once the tool is open, choose the company file you want from the drop-down menu. You can also use the
- Browse and Search the option to locate it if you’re not able.
- Move on to the next step. Select the middle option, check your file, then click Continue.
- Enter your password for QuickBooks admin and click Next.
How can I get rid of the QuickBooks File Doctor problem?
- If the QBFD Tool isn’t working, you can manually launch it by following these steps:
- To begin the process, open QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Wait until the No Company Open window appears.
- Go to Files and select Utilities.
- Next, click the Repair File tab.
- To continue, click Ok then Yes.
- You will then see a wrench icon. Click Continue.
- Enter the correct credentials to log into the file.
- Start QuickBooks and select Advanced Settings. Next, choose File diagnosis only.
- When prompted, click Next to open the file.
It is designed to solve common problems related to QuickBooks company files. Sometimes the QBFD tool may display an error message and you might not be able to use it. The tool scans your file for potential damages when you run it. The size of the company file will affect the scan time. This tool addresses common problems in QuickBooks’s company file, which stores your most important financial data. The tool has many benefits, as you can see in the following list. QuickBooks 2016 and later versions of QuickBooks Desktop allow you to access the in-built File Doctor version.
This article provides comprehensive information about QuickBooks File Doctor. You may also find the steps to manually launch the tool if the program is not working for you.