Intuit QuickBooks is a professional program specially designed to handle small and medium-sized business financial activities. Its user-friendly interface makes it easy to use, even for a new user. It provides so many benefits to the user like cost-cutting, easy app sync, streamlined bank feeds, and many others. But, being a software program like others, it is also affected by errors. Many users complain that when they try to access the QuickBooks, they observe that their QuickBooks won’t open. If you face the same and want the best solution to solve it, then you are at the right place.
QuickBooks not opening issues can occur due to corrupted files or programs. To fix 1. Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub 2. Run Quick Fix. In this blog, we are going to talk about the major causes of the QuickBooks not opening issue and the troubleshooting methods to solve it.
Ground Reasons for QuickBooks Will Not Open Issue?
Generally, there are many reasons which cause the issue in QuickBooks. From the user’s survey, we have listed the significant causes for the same:
- When you are operating an outdated version of QuickBooks in an older version of Windows OS.
- The QuickBooks company file is too long or contains some special characters, making it hard to read, and QuickBooks won’t open the issue raised.
- When the installation of the QuickBooks program is faulty or improper.
- Due to the damaged hard drive of the system, it can’t open a big program like QuickBooks.
- When the product registration QBWUSER.INI file is corrupted.
Now, you know why you are facing QuickBooks not opening issue. Now it’s time to resolve it.
What to Do When QuickBooks Won’t Open on the System?
You can easily fix the Quickbooks and access it by the following methods.
Note: Before starting the troubleshooting methods, it’s recommended to create a backup.
Method1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub will help you fix the program’s common errors. You have to close the QuickBooks to operate the Tool Hub. For the best experience, we suggest you use the QB Tool Hub on Windows 10, 64-bit. Following are the steps to fix QuickBooks not opening issue:
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Firstly, close the QuickBooks Program.
- Then, visit the Intuit Official and download the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub (18.104.22.168) version. Save the file in your system (Generally, it automatically saves in the system’s Download Folder).
Note: If you have already installed the Tool Hub, you can find out your version. Go to Home, and the version will be at the bottom.
- Now, open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file by double-clicking on it.
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to install the file and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the installation completes, go to the Windows Desktop and double-click on the Tool Hub icon to open it and fix the QuickBooks Won’t Open issue.
Note: If you can’t find the Tool Hub icon, then doa search in the Windows search bar for QB Tool Hub and choose the program.
Step 2: Run Quick Fix My Program from QuickBooks Tool Hub
The QuickBooks Fix program will close all the open processes QuickBooks use. Then, it will run a quick repair. Following are the steps to fix QuickBooks Won’t Open issue:
- Form the QuickBooks Toll Hub, and choose Program Problems.
- Then, choose QuickBooks Fix my Program.
- After the issue resolves, Open the QuickBooks and access your data file.
Method 2: Suppress the QuickBooks Desktop Program
There can be damage to your QB company file. You’ll want to find out if the issue is with your data file or Quickbooks. QuickBooks may be trying to access your previous company.
- Firstly, press and hold the Ctrl key and then double-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
Note: Don’t release the Ctrl key until the “No Company Open” windows appear, unless QuickBooks Won’t Open or freezes.
- Then, choose a Company file and select Open.
- After that, check whether your QuickBooks opens or not.
Method 3: Run QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
Running the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool from QB Tool Hub can fix your QuickBooks will not open issue. Following are the steps:
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Secondly, from the Tool Hub, choose Installation Issues.
- Now, choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool. Let the Tool run. The program will take 15-20 minutes.
- After that, open the QuickBooks Desktop and access your data file.
At this point, we would like to summarise our blog. In this write-up, we try to resolve your and the user’s problem “QuickBooks won’t open”. We hope that you find this blog informative. It helps in evading the issue away from the system. However, if you are still unable to fix the problem, then contact the experts. Thank You!
Read More Blogs: What are the Benefits of Accounting Services For Small Businesses?