QuickBooks is one of the best and top-class accounting software which is used by many small and mid-sized businesses. This software is officially designed and developed by Intuit. QuickBooks comes with many great features which can be used by organizations to make their accounting management more fluent. Apart from having great features sometimes it also gets affected by many unwanted technical issues and glitches. In this blog we are going to discuss one such error which is QuickBooks Error 1618.
QuickBooks Error 1618 usually takes place on your system when you run the setup program to install the QuickBooks program on your system. Sometimes you may also see an error message showing “There was a problem in installing Microsoft Runtime Library (Error 1618).
Today in this article we will learn how to get rid of the QuickBooks Error 1618, so read the post carefully and do it according to the steps otherwise you may lead to getting additional errors.
Some Obvious Causes for QuickBooks Error 1618
There could be many reasons which cause the error and some of them are given below:
- The downloaded file got corrupted or is partially downloaded.
- Some corruption in the Windows registry files leads to error 1618.
- The program-related file got deleted.
- System files got infected with viruses and malware.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Emailing Invoices Problems
Top Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 1618
Let’s discuss the symptoms which show up when the error occurs:
- Active system windows suddenly start crashing after the Error code 1618 shows up.
- Windows systems start crashing periodically for a few minutes.
- The system performance becomes very slow.
- You won’t be able to install the program until the Error code 1618 is resolved.
Gateways to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 1618
Solution 1: Fix the QuickBooks Desktop Installation Errors
Step 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Tools Hub
The latest version of QuickBooks Tools Hub helps quickly and easily fix common errors. For the best performance we always recommend using QB Tool Hub on computers with Windows 10, 64bit installed.
- Save the Work and Close QuickBooks.
- As per our recommendation you should download the most up-to-date version (i.e. 188.8.131.52) of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save the file somewhere you can quickly get to it (like your Downloads folder or your Windows home screen). Note: If you’ve already installed the QuickBooks Tool Hub already, you can find out which version you have got.
- Click the Home tab.
- The version will be shown on the bottom right or you can choose About to view the version.
- Open the file you just downloaded with the name of QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the installation completes, double-click the icon on your Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
Also read this blog: QuickBooks Error 6129
Step 2: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now select Installation Issues.
- Choose “QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool” and let the tool run.
- After the tool finishes its work, restart the system.
Step 3: Update Windows OS
- Press the Windows key and go to the settings.
- Here select windows update.
- Now click on Check for updates.
- When the update completes clicking on restart.
- Now go to the downloads folder, where you’ve downloaded the QB setup file.
- Double click on the setup file and restart the installation of the QuickBooks Desktop.
If everything works fine and you’re able to install the QuickBooks then the issue has been gone. If in case this won’t work, move to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Manually Resolve The Error Code 1618
Step 1: Check if MSIEXEC.EXE process is running in the background
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and open Task Manager.
- Go to the Processes section.
- Click the Image Name column to alphabetize the list of running processes.
- Scroll down the list. If there are processes named MSIEXEC.EXE, right-click t and select End Process.
- Close the Task Manager window now.
Step 2: Re-install the Microsoft Runtime Libraries through the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
Following this troubleshooting method, step-by-step may help you resolve the QuickBooks error 1618. Windows is a product of Microsoft and it does not support Intuit and its products like QuickBooks. In case, if you think that you are not comfortable following the steps listed below on your own, we recommend you consult a technical consultant or a Windows OS expert.
- Download the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package:
> If you have a 32-bit computer open Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) and click on Download.
We hope that the given solution works for you and helps you resolve the QuickBooks Error 1618. But sometimes these solutions might look confusing for beginners, and this is where the support team comes to the rescue. Our top-level certified experts help those users who regularly see such errors while working with QuickBooks but can’t resolve them on their own. To get instant assistance dial 1.855.738.2784 now.
You may also read: Smart Hacks to Tackle QuickBooks Error H303