The U.S Department Of Treasury provides a service to employees of various organizations to pay their respective taxes. Known as Electronic Federal Tax Payment System (EFTPS), a user needs to create an account to use the feature. When you sign up for it, you are prompted with a 4- digit PIN and a password. You can also access this facility from QuickBooks, no matter whether you use QuickBooks Online or QB Desktop. To understand the entire concept of how to change the EFTPS password in QuickBooks, you must read out this informative article. We have explained the method of setting up the password for both versions of QB, along with some requisite detail on the EFTPS password and a few points that should always be kept in mind. If you forget to follow any of those instructions, there is a possibility of encountering some other glitch. Thus, go through it thoroughly.
Are you having trouble recovering the EFTPS password on QuickBooks Online? Do not get bothered. Our team of technical experts will help you do it. So, dial our toll free number and have a consultation with one of our members.
A Brief Description of the EFTPS Password
Here are some points that you need to know about the password. Refer to them below-
- You must keep changing the EFTPS password after every 12 months as it expires after that period of time.
- The password of the ‘QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Enhanced’ users must be within the range of 12-30 characters.
- Although the criteria of password characters were different earlier, if you had changed it in the last 13
- months, the current password will still be valid.
Move to the next section of the article to know some crucial points before you edit your EFTPS password.
Which Pointers Must Be Considered Before Changing the EFTPS Password in QuickBooks?
The moment you decide to reset your EFTPS password, always keep in mind to follow the below-given listicle. If you do not go through the points and directly initiate the process of resetting the password-
- If you are using an outdated version of your QuickBooks Desktop, make sure you update it with the newest available release.
- Not downloading the payroll tax table updates to the latest release can also cause trouble while changing the required password.
For your convenience, we have explained the entire procedure of updating the QuickBooks Desktop as well as payroll service.
You may read also : QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer
STEP 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop Application
- Quit the QuickBooks software if you are using it.
- Next, on your Windows desktop, search for the QuickBooks icon.
- Right-click on the icon to choose the ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Navigate to the No Company Open screen by hitting the ‘Ctrl’ key and clicking twice on the QuickBooks icon.
- Now, from the ‘Help’ menu, tap on the ‘Update QuickBooks Desktop’ option.
- Choose ‘Mark All’ under the ‘Options’ tab and then ‘Save’ it.
- After shifting to the ‘Update Now; section, checkmark the ‘Reset Update’ checkbox.
- Go to the ‘Get Updates’ option and click on it to download the available updates.
- In the last step, relaunch the QuickBooks Desktop after closing it and then install the downloaded updates.
STEP 2: Update Payroll Tax Table
- Run the QuickBooks program.
- Go to the ‘Employees’ tab and then tap on the ‘Get Payroll Updates’ option.
- After that, mark the ‘Download Entire Update’ checkbox.
- Next, hit the ‘Download Latest Updates’ option.
- At last, reopen the QuickBooks Desktop.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6123
Detailed Guide For Changing the EFTPS Password in Both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online
If you have been making constant attempts to change the EFTPS password but are unable to do so, go through the following instructions that we have explained below. You must ensure to follow each step carefully-
The process to Reset EFTPS Password in QuickBooks Desktop
Regardless of which version of the QuickBooks Desktop program you use, check out the mentioned steps for keeping a new password for EFTPS.
- In the first step, tap on the ‘Pay Liabilities’ section.
- Under the menu, hit the ‘Payroll Center’ option and proceed ahead.
- Now, you must move to the ‘Pay Taxes and Other Liabilities’ section.
- Further, to e-pay, choose the ‘Federal Liability’ section.
- After selecting ‘View/Pay’, tap ‘E-payment’.
- Next, you are required to click on the ‘E-Pay’ option.
- A checkbox will pop up beside the ‘Remember My Information’ field. You must disable it by removing the checkmark.
- Now, in the ‘PIN’ section, you must provide your PIN. The PIN consists of 4 digits.
- In the next step, enter the EFTPS Internet Password.
- To end the process, hit the ‘Submit’ button.
The process to Reset EFTPS Password in QuickBooks Online
- In the beginning, visit the official website of EFTPS.
- On its homepage, you will see the ‘Login’ option.
- You must provide the following credentials to complete the login procedure- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), PIN, and the internet password.
- Recover your password and make sure to follow the criteria for setting up the new password.
- Now, sign up to your QuickBooks Online account and then click on the ‘Taxes’ section.
- After choosing the ‘Payroll Tax’ option, you are required to tap on the ‘Edit your e-file and e-pay setup’ link.
- Further, hit ‘E-file and e-pay’ and type in the states as per your requirement.
- If the following option gets displayed on your screen, link your bank immediately- “Automatic Bank Connection”.
After having a look at this article on how to change the EFTPS password in QuickBooks, we hope you must have acquired valuable information. In addition, you must not neglect the important points that we have stated in the second section of this content. Apart from this, ensure to go through each step of resetting passwords appropriately so that you do not miss out on any instructions. If you find it challenging to follow the guidelines, then you must seek help from us. Now you can get answers to all your queries by giving us a call at Our Toll free Number, as our professionals are available round the clock to assist you. So, speak to our team of QuickBooks certified experts to clarify your doubts.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6190