Being a multicultural country with people of varying backgrounds, the nation, and its citizens are open to various tastes, foods, flavors, and travel, which has grown the demand for skillful chefs & cooks from different countries with skills in multiple cuisines. YES, we are talking about CANADA and the job in the hospitality industry in the country.
In Canada, trained chefs and cooks have ample space to develop and enhance their skills in their field. Moreover, qualified chefs and cooks are immensely required across the hospitality industry at the moment to fulfill their labour shortage. In addition, restaurant chains and food cafés also welcome experienced cooks & chefs to maintain a smooth environment and meet customers’ expectations by providing delicious food and service, thus contributing to the country’s economy.
As a result, organizations looking for cooks and chefs employment in Canada with work permits seek the best and the most qualified applicants. In addition, many candidates choose a work visa for cooks in Canada because of the growing demand for Asian and Indian food cuisine in the country.
Why Chefs and Cooks will be in higher demand in Canada in 2022?
In the hospitality industry, having a job with a work permit appears to be vital to success and the possibility of establishing a bright future in Canada. WHY?
This is because the citizens and residents from various backgrounds love to explore meals and food delicacies from multiple places in the country. Therefore, chefs with experience are in high demand in the hospitality industry to serve individuals from various backgrounds, traditions, lifestyles, and cultures.
There is a high demand for chefs and cooks specializing in specific cuisines and food items. Likewise, talented bakeries with experienced bakers are well-received and placed in high-ranking positions. Chefs and cooks have plenty of opportunities in Canada, particularly in theme-based restaurants and food chains with locations in every major city and province.
Obtaining Permanent Residency and a Work Permit through the LMIA Dual Intent Program with AMK Global Group
Job Titles for Chefs & Cooks in Canada
- Apprentice Cook
- Journeyman/woman Cook
- Executive Chef
- Junior Chef
- Deputy Chef
- Head Chef
- Station Chef
- Corporate Chef
- Dietary Cook
- Pastry Chef
- Specialist Chef
- Master Chef
What Qualities Are Canadian Employers Looking for In Candidates Seeking Chef, Cook Work Permit Visas?
Pay close attention to the details- Throughout the whole cooking process, great attention to detail is essential. Failure to follow the kilograms, cooking temperatures, and other guidelines can lose control over the final dish. Therefore, the serving stage requires a high level of perfection.
A dedication to excellence- The chef’s most crucial responsibility is food quality. Everything needs commitment to excellence, from choosing the best ingredients to using them in the dish. Consequently, the chef’s responsibility is to serve the best quality to their customer, even if budget constraints prevent them.
Creativity- Chefs must follow all standards regarding presentation, taste, menu, and creativity on the plate. They’ll also need to think outside the box when designing the kitchen layout. In addition, sometimes customers come to a restaurant because of the chef’s inventive reputation and the creativity in his/her work.
Teamwork– People from many areas of life come together over a shared passion for food. So, excellent teamwork skills must help bind the team together with great enthusiasm. Like, it’s a plus if you can work and get along with your coworkers.
Leadership Qualities– Experienced chefs should lead their teams and get the most out of them. Thus they must be able to make orders and have them carried out promptly. Simultaneously, they must maintain a positive mood in the kitchen.
Organization- Working in a kitchen may be a highly hectic atmosphere; therefore, you must be able to keep maintain all times. In addition, during service, they may be required to mentor and coach junior staff members while ensuring that everything goes well.
Benefits of having a Work Permit for cooks and chefs in Canada
Canada has 4,575 cooks employed across many provinces, including Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and more.
- According to recent news sources, career opportunities for chefs and cooks are predicted to expand by 2025, and both Cooks & Chefs will be in high demand, with around 52,000 to 55,000 job vacancies.
- It indicates that the hospitality and related sectors are experiencing increased demand for experienced chefs and cooks, particularly Indians.
- In Canada, chefs and cooks receive various benefits, bonuses, and incentives. Therefore, getting a job in the hospitality industry is a plus as you will gain many other benefits.
- The hospitality industry in Canada determines jobs based on relevant work experience, job titles, grades, education, and skill training.
- Many fast food establishments and quick-service eateries provide flexible working hours.
- Chefs and cooks specializing in specific cuisines and food items, such as Continental, Italian, Mexican, Pastries, and Baked goods, are also in high demand.
- The number of theme restaurants and food chains in Canada is increasing, particularly in major cities and regions. Chefs and cooks are required to run a successful restaurant or food establishment.